Rey Mark 'Emac' Dela Cruz
Call Center Agent/Part-time model
20 years old

My real name is Rey Mark but my friends call me 'Emac'. Currently, I'm residing at Tondo, Manila with my parents and my five older siblings. And yes, I'm the youngest. I don’t consider myself as an adult yet that's why I'm still a happy-go-lucky guy.


I used to be a working student, but when I started to work, I had a difficulty in pursuing my education due to tight schedule. That's why I decided to focused on working and look for other ways to earn profit so I also do part-time modeling. As of the moment, I'm working in a call center somewhere in Ortigas but hopefully, I'll get back to school to continue my studies a year from now. 

I love to go out with my friends and watch movies with them and in my spare time, I work-out at the gym. I also make time to bond with my office mates and spare some time also with my brothers and sisters so we can have a good conversation. However, when I have no option I'll just walk around all by myself. "Yung paglalakad kasi, I find it stress-releasing. Lalo na kapag nakakakita ako ng iba't ibang klase ng tao".

Talking about talents, "medyo" marunong akong kumanta, "medyo" sa sayaw, basta lahat medyo (hahahahaha). By the way, I'm also into mountain climbing and look forward to try other extreme sports.

My Priorities in life

Family is at the top of my priority list. "Kung may mga taong dapat ako paggugulan ng pagod, hirap at pagmamahal, sila yun." Second will be my work. I really strive to give my best because this is the only way I can give back to my family especially to my parents who have done everything for me. Third on the list will be my friends. My friends are my support system who serve as my stress reliever. "Parang bonus na 'din sila sakin, lalo na yung saya na binibigay nila sakin". Last will be my self. "Kailangan rin naman kasing alagaan ko ang sarili ko so that I can function well. It goes like: "lending a hand that serves well."

Independence

My best experience of being independent is when I started to work without asking the consent of my parents. This is the time when I forced myself to be in a mature state for my own sake and for the benefit of my family. Though I have decisions that I still consult with them before I do it. But in the end, I still decide for myself. "Come what may kung baga o pwede ring bahala na si Batman!

Relationships

I know I'm giving enough time to all aspects of my life and relationships. Balance is the secret. Though at some points, I fail to give myself enough time just to balance my relationships. 

"Sa family everyday naman kami magkakasama. Kahit na may ate at kuya ako na nakabukod na, sinisikap ko na magkaroon ng oras para kamustahin sila o alamin yung lagay nila. Para sa kaibigan, hinding hindi ako mawawalan ng time para sa kanila. Kumbaga sila yung desert ko na 'syang kumukumpleto sa pagkaen. Lovelife, just had a breakup last november. Hahahaha. Masaya naman ako na ganito lang, single at solohista muna for the mean time. Haha!"

Does love inspire you to do more of less in life?

Of course love inspires me to do more. "Sino ba namang taong inlove ang hindi magiging hype sa lahat ng bagay na gagawin niya kung may isang tao na special na napaghuhugutan niya ng lakas at saya. Hahahaha. Corny, pero totoo."

Handling negative comments

I don't know if I experienced dealing with negative comments in the past. I'm the type of person that when you don't know me, you'll probably think na mayabang ako. But when you know me, you'll tell yourself that you're wrong. Promise. :) "Kung may maririnig man ako na hindi maganda tungkol sa'kin, ayos lang. I will not mind them. Hindi naman totoo diba, bakit kailangan pang depensahan ang sarili. I'll end up having the verdict of being guilty."

Passion in life

I am really a nature enthusiast. I love adventures and appreciate what our nature can give us. That's why when me and my co-org 'KASAMA' (it's our own mountaineering club) have a hike or "akyat" as we call it, I can't help it but be excited. Of course, as a nature enthusiast, we do follow "The seven leave no trace principles" and the slogan "Take Nothing but Pictures. Leave nothing but Footprints. Kill nothing but Time." 

Financial Freedom

The time I started to earn money for myself as the outcome of my own sweat and perseverance was also the time when I realized how it feels good to spend for the things you love especially when it comes from your own pocket. "Pero hindi nangangahulugang maging extravagant ka na. I'm a type of person kasi who's just living within 'his means', which also includes saving and spending money wisely. But I see to it that I also reward myself for my hardwork."

Plans for the Future

It's too early to finalize what I am going to be in the future. But I'm looking forward to be really independent and have a great job: A career or business that will make my independence complete. "Siguro, I'll have my own family din 10 years from now. Hindi ako papayag na mawala ung edad ko sa "Kalendaryo" without having one. Haha. Pero depende pa din if God wants me to have it or not. If not yet... hmmmm.. mas madami naman number ang "Lotto", kaya sa Lotto tayo. Hahahahaha." Kidding aside, I'm still on the stage of planning for the future. 






Labels: